Friday, August 15, 2008

Proud to be an American!




These days it seems that it is a crime to be patriotic. The media portrays the United States as an evil empire that needs to be brought to its knees. Call me an American, patriotic or whatever other title you want to use. It is so popular today to be anti-American and it makes me sick. I am proud to see our Olympic team doing well over in China. Last night I watched Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson kick ass in gymnastics winning the Gold and Silver medals, and Michael Phelps winning his 6th Gold medal in Swimming. In talking with various people it seems that there is practically no interest in the US or its Olympic Team. I think it is time to get behind our team and support them. I enjoyed watching our 2 girls kick the crap out of China. Even with the crooked judges last night they still won. I watched the Chinese chick wobble all over the balance beam and yet they scored her higher that Shawn. This was a load of crap if you ask me. Justice was served though and she shored up the silver.

4 comments:

Alex said...

Hey Frank, nice blog, a little short but larger than mine. You know, the thing that confuses me is that I would think that in order to qualify for our national team the players should be born here, but that is just my opinion (and yes this would entail my grandfather not being able to qualify). As an example, our ping pong team is comprised of all Chinese.

Frank Luciani said...

Thanks fruitcake for the comments. Pingpong is a sissy sport anyways. Lets make it more manly and put helmets on them and let them fight each other with paddles or something. We can watch two leprechaun chinks beat the crap out of each other.Just jokin there pal.

Alex said...

I wouldn't call myself a fruitcake (married with two kids, and heterosexually confirmed), but I object to your ridicule of pingpong! Pingpong is a highly competitive sport requiring superb hand-eye coordination and quick movement. :) Besides, I play pingpong.

Frank Luciani said...

I'll take your word on the fruitcake objection. But "marriage" these days hardly makes a case for not being rump ranger pal. Even with 2 kids. Playing ping pong hardly supports your case either, but hey who am I to judge. I mean juggling requires skill and hand eye coordination too, but you don't see that as an Olympic sport. Let me know how the US ping pong team does against the chinks my friend. If you brush up on your skills, maybe you can try out for the team next time.